- 1 cup of dried chick peas, soaked overnight in 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- To taste:
- Chiplote powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
- Drain chick peas
- Pulse in blender until coarsely chopped
- Add onion and spices
- Pulse till well mixed
- Mixture should hold together when formed into a ball
- Don't overmix...you don't want it too soft or it will fall apart when cooking!
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, form into uniform patties. This mixture makes @7-8 patties this size.
- Turn patties onto parchment on a plate and refridgerate until firm. I kept mine in the fridge overnight.
- To cook, put 3-4 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Heat the oil.
- Add patties, with enough space between them that you can flip them.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, till the sides get golden brown and slightly crispy.
- When both sides are cooked, transfer to a baking dish and bake in the oven for another 7-9 minutes until firm and centers are cooked.
These burgers were very tasty with fresh tomato, lettuce and ketchup.