This flavorful quiche makes a light entrée and a great Thanksgiving side dish. We like lots of curry, so we use these amounts as a starting point. Your tastes may vary.
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups chopped spinach leaves or kale
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
16 oz butternut squash, roasted and mashed
2 large sweet potatos, baked and mashed
1 1/4 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add onion and garlic and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer onion-spinach mixture to the large bowl.
- Add cheese wedges, breaking them into pieces as you add them.
- Mix thoroughly, until cheese has melted and is evenly distributed.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Evenly transfer mixture to the pie pan.
- Bake in the oven until firm and lightly browned on top, about 1 hour.
- Allow to slightly cool. Cut into 6 slices and enjoy!