Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Do I Do with 2 Pounds of Lobster?

Every year for my birthday, my dad gives me a gift certificate to a fishery in Maine, Quality Fresh Seafood, that overnights fresh fish. Lobster, crab, salmon - you can even get a complete clambake delivered. How lucky am I? 

I’ve had a 2 pound package of lobster meat sitting in my freezer for a few months, until I had some time to figure out what to do with it. Today, I made Ina Garten’s Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe (which I’m not going to recount here. 

The only changes I made were to use whole wheat flour and pasta instead of white. The end result? This was a good way to use frozen lobster - warm and comforting - but not my favorite treatment of lobster.

(My all-time favorite is this Curried Lobster, adapted from "An Embarrassment of Mangoes"which I shared last September, which works best with fresh lobster meat...and which I'm looking forward to making with CSA ingredients this summer!)

Fresh bread crumbs

Mixing the pasta into the cheese mixture

2 pounds of lobster meat

Ready to go into the oven

A bowlful of the final result

No comments:

Post a Comment