Sunday, July 20, 2014

Kohlrabi…it's what's for breakfast!

Last week, we received a humungous kohlrabi in our CSA share. I mean as-big-as-my-face huge. I used half of it to make the Kohlrabi Beet Slaw from last weekend's post.  But I still had a huge amount of it to use.

I poked around on the internet and found a few recipes for salads that included fruit. I, of course, didn't have all of the ingredients for any of them. But I did have a mango. So, here you have it:

Kohlrabi Mango Breakfast Salad

@2 cups of kohlrabi, cubed
1 mango, peeled and cubed
2 cups, blueberries
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon balsamic vinegar
lemon juice to taste
smidge of salt
Fresh mint leaves


  • Mix the olive oil, lemon balsamic and lemon juice. Add chopped mint leaves and smidge of salt and set aside. 
  • Mix kohlrabi and mango. 
  • Add oil and lemon marinade
  • Mix thoroughly. 
  • Chill.
  • When serving, add fresh blueberries, and additional fresh mint.


This was a refreshing, different, breakfast salad. Keeps for up to 1 week in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment