Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Indispensables

There are two things, besides my beloved saute pan and my CIA knife, that are absolutely indispensable in my kitchen. Olive oil, and sea salt.

These are my "go-to" ingredients that I use in nearly every recipe.


Sautéing an onion? Start with olive oil. 
Baking eggplant chips? Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.

The Colavita olive oil above I can get in my local IGA. The sea salt, I can't find nearby, so I order it from Amazon.com. I also brought several containers home from London, where I found it in the grocery section of Marks & Spencer on Oxford Street, one floor down from the fascinators. The little blue pot, was a gift about a hundred years ago and I use it as the "on-the-counter" sea salt container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment