Monday, February 4, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna (channeling Wendy)

I haven't made lasagna in a while because I'm trying to hold down the carbs. But my friend Wendy keeps posting these wonderful photos of meals made using zucchini instead of pasta, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Ingredients:

  • Zucchini, sliced thin
  • Fat-free riccotta cheese
  • 1 egg, or 1/2 cup egg beaters
  • spinach
  • your favorite tomato sauce - I use my own homemade sauce
  • Oregano
  • Basil
  • Garlic Powder 
  • Shredded fat-free mozzarella
  • Parmesan cheese
Directions


  • Pre-heat the oven to 375
  • In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, and spices to taste. 
  • Slice the zucchini so it resembles lasagna noodles. I left the skin on. 
  • Coat the bottom and sides of a baking dish with non-stick spray.
  • Layer the ingredients into the dish:
    • Zucchini "noodles
    • cheese mixture
    • Spinach
    • Tomato sauce


  • Repeat until dish is nearly full.
  • Top the dish with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
  • Place the dish on a cookie sheet in the oven
  • Bake for 25 - 35 minutes, until cheese on top starts to brown, the sides bubble and vegetables are cooked
Zucchini "noodles":


Building the layers:

Finished baking:

 A blurry picture of layery goodness:

No comments:

Post a Comment